Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms out there. So many people are on this platform with their respective profiles or accounts. Some may be real profiles, and some are fakes. To distinguish between real and fake, the blue tick is the solution. An Instagram profile is supposed to get a blue tick if it gets verified by Instagram.
If you are looking forward to getting your account verified, then there are two ways to do it. You can either decide to buy verified Instagram account, or you have the option to make a verification request to Instagram. Instagram provides effective means and ways for a profile holder to make the verification request themselves. Below are the procedures to make such a request.
Processes to make an Instagram verification request
It is considered to be quite easy and efficient to make an Instagram verification request. Before following the below-described instructions, you have to make sure that you are logged into your account first to get the verification. For instance, if you seek verification for your company, you are required to log into the company account instead of your account.
- At first, you are required to log into your Instagram profile by tapping an icon that has your profile picture in the bottom right corner.
- Now tap on the menu icon in the top-right corner of the profile.
- Choose the settings icon which is to appear at the bottom right of the screen. The next step is to choose Account from the settings menu.
- At this step, you need to scroll down through the account setting till you find the option, ‘Request verification.’ Once you find it, then tap on it.
- Now there will a form with your profile name pre-filled. You require putting the full name of the profile there.
- Now you need to select a file for attaching a photo of your ID. The ID of an individual should be a national identification card, passport or driving license, etc. In the case of a business profile, any valid official document can be used, such as an electric bill, article of incorporation, tax filling, etc.
- In this step, you are required to open your phone camera for taking an in-focus and clear photo of your ID, or you can directly upload some image of this ID from the phone.
- You may then tap on the ‘Send’ button to submit this whole verification request to the Instagram authority.
What happens after sending the verification request?
Once you send the verification, you are not yet verified by Instagram. This request of yours is to go to an individual Instagram moderator to review it. After reviewing it, they will decide whether you are worthy of getting the blue tick or not. If you are considered an authentic user, you will be getting the blue tick as a sign of Instagram verification. This all has to be the role and responsibility of the Instagram authority now. You still have the option to buy verified Instagram account.