Over the years skincare has taken precedence in daily lives with people becoming more aware as to what their skin needs for improvement and maintenance. Over the years a lot of inroads have been made in the sphere of dermatology and related fields. One such breakthrough was that after old skin cells die and get removed from the surface new skin cells come into the picture. These skin cells are healthier and they look better. Hence this fact could be used in making treatments based on the same principle.
What is a derma pen and how does it benefit the skin?
This is a fractional micro-pen that works in tightening, lifting, and making the skin look younger. It has been found effective in removing wrinkles, fine lines, stretch marks, scars left from surgeries, and a multitude of other skin afflictions. The thin needle injects collagen into the skin and works in a precise manner over a small application area in a particular pattern. This treatment is safe to use on any skin type and there are potentially no side effects or discomfort endured during the process. It also has a short treatment time.
- Derma pen has a very short treatment time. Within a couple of hours, you should be good back to your daily routines.
- There is also little to no downtime associated with the process. The prep for getting the treatment is also minimal and you do not need to spend hours getting ready for the treatment.
- The fine needles and tips being used have been found to cause almost little to no discomfort and penetrate the skin with ease.
- It is also safe for all skin types. Since there are no additives that are being used it is also allergy-proof.
An overview into what derma rolling does and how it is useful:
Derma rolling follows a similar principle where the skin is pricked with tiny needles to initiate the growth of new skin. It is available in the form of a roller with tiny needles attached to the surface in a regular pattern that can be directly applied to the face and other parts of the body. Derma rollers poke the skin and in doing so initiate the production of collagen which can boost your skin’s natural look and give a glow that is long-lasting and sustainable.
- Derma roller has been found to boost the rate at which your skin tends to absorb products into it.
- While a derma roller cannot change the size of natural pores, it can reduce their appearance by tightening the skin around them.
- They are also a great way to achieve youthful skin as they help to remove the dead layer of skin sitting on the surface.
- Using the same method as before, it has been found effective in dealing with acne scars as well.
- It helps to reduce the appearance of dark circles by boosting the production of collagen and overriding the blood vessels beneath the eye.
Difference between a derma pen and a derma roller:
Following are some of the main differences when taking into account a derma pen vs derma roller.
- Derma rollers are completely initiated with the help of mechanical action whereas a derma pen uses the oscillatory motion provided by a machine.
- Derma rollers comprise smaller needles that roll at a consistent length whereas derma pens have a longer needle length and the depth of penetration can be set beforehand.
- Derma rollers can move around only in a horizontal fashion on the skin whereas derma pen has a vertical angle of entry.
- Derma rollers can be bought and used at home whereas for access to a derma pen one would need to visit a professional.
Over time it has been found that derma pens slightly outshine derma rollers when it comes to overall efficiency. Despite using very similar methodology, derma pens provide better precision and can treat localized issues effectively. Derma pens are also much easier to handle and use compared to derma rollers which can be quite cumbersome. The method and amount of penetration can also be controlled to a greater extent when using a derma pen instead of a derma roller.