Testosterone boosters are specially designed for boosting the testosterone level in the body. It can be in the form of medications or supplements to align with an individual’s needs. However, you must know that having a low testosterone level can trigger a wide range of symptoms, affecting your overall health.
And if you decide to boost these hormones, you might trigger some unwanted side effects of these supplements or medications. So, it is better to consult your doctor and seek the proper treatment that relieves the symptoms and helps you boost testosterone naturally.
- What Is A Testosterone Booster?
A testosterone supplement or booster refers to any artificial or natural substance specially made to increase testosterone levels. These testosterone boosters may include:
TRT (Testosterone Replacement Therapy)
Androgen replacement therapy or TRT is the best testosterone booster for patients with low testosterone levels. This medical treatment may compensate for the testosterone level your body is not producing. Depending on your medical conditions, there are different kinds of medical treatments included in TRT.
- Injectable Testosterone: A person has to inject testosterone solution into their buttocks every week or more, according to the doctor’s recommendations.
- Transdermal Testosterone: In this method, people have to apply medicated gels and patches to their skin, containing Androgel and androderm with different testosterone levels.
- Oral Testosterone Capsules: You will find oral capsules that are approved by the FDA to treat your underlying medical conditions. Remember, not everyone will have similar problems, so it would be better to consult your doctor before taking any pills.
Even though you could reach an optimal level of testosterone in a week or two, remember it can increase your chances of cardiovascular diseases.
- Testosterone Boosting Supplement
Some supplements might help boost the testosterone level naturally. These may include:
- D-Aspartic Acid
DAA or D-aspartic acid is one of the amino acids responsible for producing several bodily hormones, including testosterone. DAA helps in triggering the production of gonadotropin hormone, which further increases the level of luteinizing hormone, which assists in triggering the production of testosterone.
- DHEA Or Dehydroepiandrosterone
Most of you probably know that DHEA is a hormone produced by the adrenal glands that manage testosterone levels in the body. With a simple, it can easily break down the testosterone hormones and convert them into other hormones like estrogen. DHEA promotes the growth of testosterone hormones which is why most people often consider taking supplements of DHEA.
However, it would be better for every person to naturally boost the production of these hormones. In addition, you must know that DHEA production often reduces due to stress, and eventually, it will decrease your testosterone levels.
Therefore, it is always recommended to eat healthy food and follow a better lifestyle, which promotes healthy eating and reduces stress. Once the stress is reduced, your body will eventually bring the testosterone level back to normal.
Now you know how testosterone supplements work and what you can do to naturally bring the level back to normal.